working as a web developer, I have to test my code on older Firefox versions or, just for fun, I want to test browser’s beta version so, I need to install different versions of it on my computer. If you need something like this, follow these steps and it will be as easy as drinking a glass of water:
- First of all make a backup copy of your Mozilla profile folder:
cp /home/your_folder/.mozilla /home/your_folder/.mozilla_backup
- After this download the Firefox version you need.
- Create a new profile using profile manager so that you original profile won’t be affected:
- Unzip the downloaded version in the folder you chose.
- Create a launcher, and use the following command:
/home/your_folder/your_new_firefox_folder/firefox -no-remote -P your_new_profile
Now you can repeat these steps for all the Firefox versions you want to install and use them whenever you need.